23 March 2017

Where does LPG comes from?

Where does LPG come from?

  • Natural gas processing 
  • Petroleum refining
LPG comes from drilling oil and gas wells because above both processes are comes during drilling oil and gas wells.

LPG is not made or manufactured separately it is found in combination with other hydrocarbons naturally during the two processes mentioned above.

About 60% of LPG is produced from natural gas and the other 40% during the petroleum refining.

LPG is separated from unprocessed natural gas using refrigeration and LPG is extracted from heated crude oil using a distillation tower.

LPG is stored as a liquid under pressure in gas bottles or in a tank.